Mold Inspection and Testing
Mold is microscopic organisms that live on organic matter and reproduce by means of spores. Indoors, mold is unsightly, smell bad and can destroy the structural integrity of your home or business.
Mold is harmful to the touch even when dead due to toxins found on the spores, which are released into the air when disturbed. Mold can cause severe allergic reactions such as coughs, eye irritation, sinus congestion, headaches and, in people with asthma, more severe symptoms.
Our fully certified mold inspectors are trained to look and smell for signs of mold, water damage, excess humidity and lack of ventilation. They will inspect every area, looking for excess moisture, condensation or potential leaks.
If mold is visible, our inspector will sit down with you and discuss his findings, the remediation techniques best suited for your particular needs, the time it will take and the cost involved.
If mold is not visible, air or swab samples will be required to determine what types of mold are present and at what levels. We offer two types of mold sampling – swabs and air sampling.
Swab samples: Swabs samples can be taken from any surface and submitted for analysis. Although an easy way to sample areas for mold, the presence of tiny matter on a particular surface is not a direct indication of what may be present in the air.
Air Testing: Air sampling involves forcing a specific amount of air through a sampler which pushes air onto a collection device. This device is then sent to a certified laboratory for analysis. Air sampling can determine if elevated levels of mold exist because they reveal the types of mold present and the levels. An outdoor sample is also required as a baseline of what is naturally occurring around your property. When the level of mold indoors is greater than outdoors, it indicates a problem is present, such as mold growth from a leak in the roof, foundation, plumbing or other source.